The New Jersey Board of Tree Experts is currently comprised of nine members, whose duties include:
- Review the qualifications of an applicant for licensure under the act.
- Establish standards for examinations for licensure.
- Issue and renew licenses and assess fees, therefore;
- establish standards by regulation, which shall include, but not be limited to, the appropriate standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and any related standards and best management practices.
- Suspend or revoke licenses or registrations for violations of the act.
- Maintain a registry of licensees.
- Adopt a canon of professional ethics.
- Adopt such regulations as may be necessary to effectuate the purposes of the act.
- Establish fees by regulation for examinations, applications for licensure, and license renewals. The fees shall be sufficient to defray expenses incurred by the board in the performance of its duties under the act.
- Conduct such work site inspections as may be necessary to enforce the provisions of this act; and
- maintain a registry of businesses engaged in tree care services, and charge a fee therefore.
The Board may take disciplinary action against individuals or companies that violate P.L. 2009 C.45:15C-11 et seq. including suspension or revocation of the licensing and Business Registration.